Gratuities to the Cruise Director, crew onboard and local guides and drivers are included in the cruise price. There are a few exceptions; In the Yangtze, Mekong, Irrawaddy, Amazon & Galapagos, gratuities to the Tour director can be pre-paid. In the Amazon & Galapagos, gratuities to the crew and naturalists cannot be pre-paid and should be paid while onboard. In the Mekong & Irrawaddy, drivers and local hosts on extensions are not included and should be paid directly. Tipping is a way to show your satisfaction for good service and is always appreciated but not expected. If you are tipping, it is recommended that tips be paid in cash.
Articles in this section
- Are laundry facilities available on Avalon Waterways?
- Is there a dress code on board Avalon Waterways?
- What meals/beverages are included on Avalon Waterways?
- How do I make purchases on board Avalon Waterways?
- Are their medical services on board Avalon Waterways?
- Am i expected to pay gratuities with Avalon Waterways?
- Are there optional activities with Avalon Waterways?
- What luggage can I bring on Avalon Waterways?
- Is it safe to cruise with Avalon Waterways while pregnant?
- How old must children be to travel on Avalon Waterways?