You’ll get all the perks of a tour such as a door to door service, guides on coaches with all the info about your next destination, lots of optional activities and a great travel experience with like minded backpackers and soon-to-be best mates. And this is with the flexibility of independent travel. With Busabout's Hop-on Hop-off bus, you decide where to go and how long to stay there. Simply put, it’s your trip – you decide!
Many people travel Europe by rail and have a good time - it's a great transport system. However, rail passes have limitations. When your budget is tight and travel time limited, you don't need surprises.
Some little known facts:
- Your rail pass may not allow you to travel on high speed trains. A surcharge will apply
- Your rail pass may not entitle you to a seat. There is a surcharge for each seat reservation on each journey
- Your rail pass does not save you money on accommodation. An overnight 'couchette' can cost double or triple the amount paid for a hostel bed
- Your rail pass does not save you time. Lines for seat reservations and high speed trains can be very long. Reservations must be made the day before, which takes away from your sightseeing time as well
- Trains do not stop outside your accommodation (like Busabout does). There's nothing worse than arriving into the train station after dark with all your belongings strapped to your back, looking aimlessly for a hostel. It's not very safe either.